Sunday, February 7, 2010

Quilts and Swaps

Last night my local quit group swapped back our friendship quilts strips we have been working on for about a year. Mine is the top Japanese one, and I was thrilled with it. Now it's just a matter of putting it all together. Mine is going to be a banner wall hanging.
This was one of the others and I just adoured the colours. It is going to look stunning when it is finished.
Today it was back to the Around the Block Swap. These colours were so pretty and I enjoyed making these blocks. They are in the post now and off the the lucky recipient.

While the iron was hot, I did strike and began the next one that I had in the line waiting to do. This was to be a quirky little village that is being made up. I had a bit of fun with it, and quite a bit of input from the kids. I might make another one of these B4 I send it off.
. . . and now I'm up to date with my swaps.

11 comments:

Andi said...

So much lovely stitching.
Your friendship quilt is looking stunning!!!
Andi x

trash said...

Yay you! Being back at school obviously agrees with you, perhaps there is something to that 'to get a job done give it to a busy woman' thing after all!

rachelmp said...

Annie, am jealous. Just couldn't make it last night but would have loved to see all the strips. I have one pink block done - you are winning!

Marj said...

I love the blocks from your quilt group. Thanks for sharing, they are very inspiring.

Carin@Ullhärvan said...

I think your blog is one of the best and have given you a swedish award meaning "creative blogger". List 7 interesting things about yourself and 7 blogs you like.

Jodie said...

Love that little house Annie, All the strips looked great didn't they?

WendyBee said...

So pretty! I like the first one the best.
WendyBee

picciolo said...

wow you have all been busy with thoe quilts! I love the block at the bottom with the little deer too
: )

our shabby cottage said...

It was a great night Annie! I love my strips.

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Yay! I love it when I finally get caught up. I think I can remember that actually happening. :) I really like the house block at the end with the little deer.

Jenny said...

Lovely lot of quilting goodness here Annie