Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Easter Bunnies Hop

A sneak peek at my Easter Bunny swap organised by Lucy Locket. It was a bit of a struggle as I am no "softie" expert, but it is taking a giant hop overseas tomorrow.
As you probably know I did have a WONDERFUL day last Friday at Stitches and Craft. It was so good meeting up with all the bloggers at the Living Creatively stand and feeling "part of the gang". I had been meaning to make one of dear fi's bowls and even had the gladwrap on the bowl in my sewing room waiting for the motivation. After seeing Fiona's bowl in the flesh I couldn't help making one over the weekend. I was so thrilled with how well it turned out, and with the hot weather, it didn't take any time to dry.
Because the motivation was high, I also finished this little "thread holder" that I started AGES ago. The only problem is, now I want to make another one, and I can't remember where I found the pattern. Who can help me???
Inspired with the felt I've had a little experiment with broaches.

...and even made a special one for Chooky Blue when we met up for the first time on Friday.

Looking forward to the Easter Break...

Annie

18 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

- cute bunny
- love you little material basket
- the thread holder is The Stitching Room - Leanne i am pretty sure
- and most importantly I LOVE my broochactually I will wear it to work tomorrow..........

Alison Gibbs said...

Oh your felt brooches are so sweet.
Have a fun Easter break
Alison

Crafty Things said...

Yes, the thread holder tutorial is on The Stitching Room blog - http://thestitchingroom.blogspot.com/2007/10/thread-holder-pattern.html

Annie said...

Thanks guys, I will print it out so I don't lose the pattern. I just love it ... annie

Jenny said...

That bunny looks just so cute-can't wait to see it full size. I suppose that was one good thing about the weather-things dried quickly! You bowl looks great and the brooches are lovely. Muat look up that thread holder tutorial-looks interesting:)

Anonymous said...

Looks like everyone is out there to help you with the pattern. I keep all my patterns/links in a folder for easy finding on the computer. Love free tutorials.
Love your flowers, you have been busy since you got home.
Those Fairs will do that to you.
Get you motivated and inspired.

Cathy said...

love those brooches - they are great. You have been a busy little flower.

fi said...

well done chic! painfully easy isnt it?! i have 10 drying as i type(last miunte friends pressies for tomorrow!)have a great easter break!

Jodie said...

Annie , it was so perfect that you could meet up with us after your appointment- your organisational skills are out of this world.

Locket Pocket said...

Your bunny's little pink face is adorable! I can't wait to see all the different ones that have been made! Lucy x

Leanne said...

Hi Annie - lovely brooch and you will find that pattern with me I'm glad you like the first one and am going to make another one.
X
Leanne

picciolo said...

wow you've had a busy time! Everything looks gorgeous, I especially love the bowl and your brooches. Can't wait to see all of the bunny, your swap partner is lucky I think!
: )

Bren said...

Looking through the last few post, it's obvious you have really diversified and developed creatively since your first sampler. It is great to follow your craft journey!

Jodie said...

The bunny looks pretty cute, what you can see of it anyways... LOL
Those brooches are pretty darn cute too... I bet Donna just loved hers especially seen as though you made it in her favourite colour... BLUE... Have a great Easter Break!!

Jodie

Donna said...

Annie love love love that little rose brooch. Gorgeous!

Christine said...

Your bunny is so cute. Brooches are adorable. Have a happy Easter.

HAWTHORN HALL said...

This is my first visit to your site. Your photographs are beautiful and look wonderful with your quilts!

Gillian
http://reflectionsintheafternoon.blogspot.com/

Betty said...

Oh my! I love your beautiful blog. I;ll be back soon.