Thursday, January 12, 2012

Home among the Gum Trees

Been home to the farm to see the family
Beautiful skies - looked like it was on fire in some of my photos
This Teddy sits on mum's kitchen window sill - she found it in the paddock one day and rescued it.
The kids sat out on the deck and played guitar and sang
It was lovely to hear
I used to do that with my sisters . . .
Salvia Vanhutei (say van hoo ti I).  I love this one and brought home some in a pot to plant in my Flowergarden
One of the great views on the farm
A tin chook for target practise
"go Pete"
. . . and then home again at my house, and our little Chick Chick Eve has grown and now has some speckled feathers.
Still beautiful!
Posted by Picasa

13 comments:

Vicki said...

Beautiful photo's Annie. We used to live in the bush and I still miss it so much. The little chick is sweet with her speckled feathers.

Michelle said...

Thanks for sharing such beautiful photo's... I enjoy having a peek at someone elses little corner of the world:O)

Nikki said...

YOur gorgeous Mum was right when she said to me, "Annie has an eye for beauty." You really do and you capture it so well.

BTW - I quilted THE QUILT!!! Just the binding to go now!

Valspierssews said...

Beautiful photos. It looks so relaxing.

Chocolate Cat said...

Looks like it was a good way to recharge the batteries!

Rhubarbing said...

Great pics and little cameos of life thank you I follow you from time to time and do appreciate your generous spirit.

apiecefullife said...

I see I am not the first to say thank you for sharing the photos of the family farm. I can just see you there singing on the verandah.

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Thank you for sharing the farm photos. They remind me of my grandparents' farm when I was a child. Good memories. And the chick - sweet. So sweet. I love me some baby chicks!

picciolo said...

what a beautiful farm, I love that photo of the red sky too
: )

Leanne said...

Nothing like country to let you take a deep breath.

Kentish Keg-Meg said...

Super sunset photo with those trees in silhouettes fantastic. Love that Teddy-such a character.

blandina said...

Isn't it nice going back and having sweet memories?
The tin chook is special!

Greyacres said...

Your photos came out well Annie, specially the red sun set.hard for anyone to believe it was true , but we really saw it, and appreciated it. Fancy my little pink towelling teddy having his picture shown around the world. I wonder where the crow found him and picked him up. On finding him not too tasty to eat he was dropped into our farm paddock.