Sunday, July 8, 2012

Hooky


I've had a weekend away - and did a bit of hooking

I got my kids to sort my selvedves - ready for sewing

This Camelia belongs to my lovely friend

It is a magnificent specimen.
I think it is Brushfields Yellow.  It starts a creamy lemon,
and then fades to white.

My clever friend who I stayed with in Melbourne has been crowned:
The Queen of Mosaic
Look at this lovely pot that is at her front door

This is her latest piece made with mirror pieces.  It is very large and she has it hanging in her dining area.  It has been professionally framed and is just stunning!

I found this in her garden.  Another work of art, made by the Queen.

Isn't it lovely!
What a clever friend I have - thanks for a wonderful weekend away
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Michelle said...

Your friend is totally talented!!! The camellia is very pretty to I don't think I have seen one like it before... never thought to grow on in a pot either...:O)

blandina said...

Every picture made me happy, the camelia is beautiful and your friend's work just amazing. I love mosaics!

apiecefullife said...

Hope you had a good weekend. Those mosaics are really clever.

CurlyPops said...

The cutlery mosaic is stunning. She most certainly is very talented!

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Wow, what a talented friend, indeed! Beautiful artworks and the camellia is gorgeous.

juliemarg said...

The pictures you have posted are very nice. Don't forget to visit my web site at juliegallaher.com

Alicia said...

Love the mosiacs, she's very clever indeed.