Sunday, November 18, 2012

My Favourite Nursery

 Trouble with uploading photos tonight, so just one to tempt you. [more tomorrow]  I had a lovely Sunday afternoon wandering around my favourite Nursery - Lambley at Ascot.
 Regular readers of my blog, may remember my excitement and amazement of this story
Well, my chooks are a constant source of amazement, as I collected an egg today weighing in at . . .
 just 3 gms
A teeny tiny chook egg - probably nothing of substance inside, but a clucky chook was sitting on it in earnest, just the same!
Oh the joys of my backyard

9 comments:

Quiltedtime said...

How sweet! Looks like a candy Easter egg.

Susan said...

Love those teeny tiny ones. The nursery looks fabulous.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Hello there Annie! Nice to meet you! I have never heard of a CHOOK! Where are you from? Thank you for coming to visit me today! Anita

Frogdancer said...

It's like a quail egg!

homeschooled said...

That's one for weight watchers.
Maybe the cook pinched off the other little birds?

Muddling Through said...

I've had those here, too, Annie, and got just as big a kick out of it as you did, I'm sure. Chickens (chooks to you) just make me laugh! A lot.

Calidore said...

I had just finished reading a book on Australian Gardens and Lambley was discussed along with a host of beautiful photos. Lucky you to get to go there. Love the chook eggs. We get them occassionally but have to admit I'm not recording their weight - just how many the girls are laying.

Gary's third pottery blog said...

my goodness, its 23 degrees here in northern NY state (what is that, about -5 c?) and here is you, enjoying such lovely sun and greenery down under :)

JB said...

I have never been to Lambleys. I know I will love it when and if I ever get there. I have been having heaps of trouble uploading photos lately so I am pleased to hear it is not just me. Cute egg. Ive had a few of those but have not cracked one open yet. The words that prove I am not a robot are getting much harder to see and I have had my eyes fixed.