Saturday, August 17, 2013

Another border and the beginnings of Spring


My early Echium, just starting to appear

These blue skies started off the day, and it ended in pouring rain.  Luckily I made the most of the dry times.

Found this and other Hyacinths in the garden bed.  Forgot they were there, so it was a lovely surprise.

More in pots coming along too.
The little flower is one of my many violets. I just put it in the pot to photograph, as they are so close to the ground, I find them hard to photograph

My Hippi is still slowly laughing away...

I think it will be open next week if we have some good weather days.

A lovely peaceful Saturday here
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Paula’s Place said...

Great Essendon colours.

Quiltedtime said...

Your border looks good. I can't wait to see what is inside the big pink buds!

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Your quilt is coming along nicely and you know I always love seeing your beautiful flowers. I have violets everywhere, too. They are some of my favorites, just sweetness through and through.

Leanne said...

Our days have been the same blue skies turning to grey. Roll on summer.

JB said...

It's a wonder you weren't blown away with the weather you have been having! Spring is a fab time for that garden.

Thimbleanna said...

I love this blogging gig -- it's so fun to see that you're just going into spring while we're just going into fall. It opens up the world!

Your quilt is lookin' good too!