Friday, December 27, 2013

December End


The days have been warm - the sun has burnt my skin

Since breaking up from School a week ago . . .
 

I've been doing little else but GARDENING!

To a non-gardener, this must seem crazy, but for me, it soothes me and fills me with pleasure, calm and satisfaction.

The only thing that slows me down, and occasionally stops me, is my weary bones, sore toe and the heat.

It is just so much fun outside, playing every day.  So much to see and so much to do.  I have HUGE piles of weeds and clippings to fill the trailer with.

Nature is amazing!

. . . and then there are my birds

I have a rest when I check up on them and admire them, more than several times a day.

Tomorrow is going to be a 'scorcher' so I might have to play in my sewing room in the cool.

. . . but I do love playing outside in my garden the best!
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Quiltedtime said...

How do you get hollyhocks started? I have had no success at all, and I so dearly love them.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

I am glad you are having such a lovely break and able to play in your gardens. The summer heat and humidity do me in every year, but things still need to be taken care of. I try to get things done early in the morning.

Have a GREAT 2014 ~ FlowerLady

Willow said...

So wonderful to hear about someone playing in the garden ... looking forward to April when I can start doing outdoor garden preps here again, in the meantime will be in the moment playing in snow :)

Beautiful to see your flowers , and of course your baby canaries !

Jan said...

Lovely to see your garden and birdies, Annie. I'll be playing inside today too - way too hot for this Little Red Hen! Keep cool; see you soon. xx

Sue Walker said...

I knew a girl with a similar cacti and she told me it flowered for one whole day then gone, no more flowers! Is yours the same Annie? Your garden is looking lovely! I completely understand I can't think of much nicer than spending the day getting dirt under my nails and pulling weeds! I give all my weeds to the chooks though makes their eggs yellower. Is that a word, lol. I know eggs might still make you feel queasy .

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Annie, your garden knows that you love it and shows its appreciation in every beautiful picture you share. The birds are so sweet. I'd spend a lot of time with them, too. I played out in the dirt a bit yesterday. There is LOTS to be done out there!

Valspierssews said...

Your garden is lovely and that cactus is just amazing.

Thimbleanna said...

It's not the non-gardener that makes gardening now seem crazy -- it's the non-southern-hemisphere! It's way too cold up here for gardening LOL. I can't imagine how you manage all the Christmas stuff when there's gardening to do! Your flowers are beautiful!

Jenny said...

Monty is just so cute. Your garden is looking lovely as usual. Ours took a beating in the hot hot spell. You must have lots of canaries, they obviously love it at your house.Enjoy your holidays :-)