Saturday, November 15, 2014

November is my best garden month

 The poppies this year have been amazing.  So many different colours I have collected over the years.  They make a great display.
 The iris's have also been fantastic.  There is a different picture to look at everyday.
 A spot of sewing for a special friend's birthday

 . . . and more flowers

 I've had this cactus for around 20 years and it has only ever given me one flower for the last 2 years.  I was going to repot it this year, when I noticed 12 buds coming.  The other day I had 5 flowers out at once and it was truly magnificent.  The scent was divine and I'm glad I raced over to get my neighbour to share it with, as they only last 2 days.  Those 5 have gone now, but another 3 are about to pop with the next sunny day.





8 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

What great photos of your lovely flowers! Your little quilted piece is very nice too and your friend will cherish it.

FlowerLady

Quiltedtime said...

November is also my favorite gardening month, but for a different reason: It is cool enough here to work for hours without becoming overheated. That's when I get most of my autumn pruning and trimming accomplished.

Glad your cactus produced some blooms for you this year. I have a blood orange tree that is just as unpredictable. Oranges only every few seasons or so.

Patsy said...

Thanks so much for sharing your flowers with us they are so lovely. Irises are my favorite.

Leanne said...

That bee photo is a keeper. Lovely gift for a friend hand made is so good.

Winifred said...

Those poppies certainly are glorious & very appropriate for November.

sweetbay said...

Your poppies are so gorgeous!

Carole Jane said...

Annie, your garden is glorious, thank you for sharing it with us.

Marguerite said...

Love the vibrant colours of those poppies. My favourite part of garden blogging, while my garden is winding down, gardens on the other side of the world are in full bloom. Looks like a lovely month to be in your garden.