Saturday, January 30, 2016

Oh . . . happy days

 Pardon me, where has the day gone.  Oh I know, I have been sitting out in my hot house chatting with friends and admiring my garden.
 Here is the wonderful creation made mostly from recycled materials. The door is the old front door from my school.

 It was very hard to photograph as it nestles into the garden quite well and is cosy amongst the plants.
 The old window came from Clunes, which is a small town just outside Ballarat.  When I bought it for $10.00 the seller asked me what I was intending to do with it.  When I said I was going to make a hot house, he offered me 2 more windows and a sliding door.
 The planning and the dreaming was all part of the process.
 If you can't find me ever, you know where I might be - yes on my special seat, looking out onto the garden.
 Another bonus was that it has all been paved.  A friend gave me some left over pavers which was just perfect for the bottom of the house.  It has made a wonderful finish inside.
 Can you see the palm my mum bought me.  She said all hot houses needed a palm.
 Here you can see it better, and a red geranium in a pot outside the front door.
 This beautiful rose is called "Dearest"
 . . . and this is the view from my back door.
I LOVE IT!

7 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

Enjoy Annie it's just wonderful......

Jan said...

Oh Annie, you must be in seventh heaven! It looks wonderful. Well done. I shall have to visit and give it the seal of approval. LOL.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Dear Annie ~ I can feel your joy all the way to s.e. FL. and a huge smile is plastered to my face. You will enjoy this every single day. Look forward to seeing more of it and what's inside.

Love & hugs ~ FlowerLady

Susan said...

A wonderful retreat, and so resourceful. I think it will quickly settle into your garden.

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

I don't blame you! I would love it, too. It's really too hot here for most of the year to attempt a hot house, but we make do quite nicely with our screened porch!

Gailavon said...

Beautiful! I would love to have such a place to enjoy with a cup of tea! thanks so much for inviting us in.

herymeelon said...

Having the scored in India discharges that fabricate from captains likewise arranges it in the crisiss of lecturers who drive altogether inquiry American idioms or cultural materials. CBD Vape & Terpene Pens