Monday, January 7, 2008

...more Holiday Crafting, and then some travelling NORTH


With some encouragement from Ric Rac (thanks Jodie) my daughter Sarah got busy and made these lovely felt clothes . . . just for fun! She and I were beavering away on seperate projects and I told her that one of my fondest memories as a child, was working in the garden with my mum - not at the same tasks, but just doing similar things together, at the same time. I love these special times we share - she and I.

Despite the dreadful continuous heat and hot winds, I managed to find some beauty in my front garden this evening. I am heading off on a holiday, and wont be able to keep the usual sharp eye on my little plants. I hope they will be OK. I do so love them . . .

Lots of my hollyhocks are coming up in cracks in the footpath from seeds of last year, so no doubt they will survive. I am packing some projects to take away with me, so am hoping to get some hand quilting done and just a little school work in there somewhere. The holidays are slipping away. I am looking forward to an annual Crafters Retreat Weekend Away on 19/20th of January at a quiet little B&B in the country side, not far from home. Our craft group went here last year, and just had to return.
Happy week to you all -

Annie

11 comments:

Lucy Locket-Pocket said...

Those little dresses are lovely and I know what you mean about working seperately but together - my eldest is off school poorly (first day back too) and she and I have been sitting side by side - me updating her blog and Dorothy drawing. Lovely! Have a good time on your trip, love Lucy x

Chookyblue said...

have a nice time away.......and the b&b looks good...........

Jenny said...

I hope your plants will be ok-you certainly have a special garden. Love the little dresses you and your daughter made. A crafting retreat sounds like a wonderful way to spend some time.Have a safe and happy holiday:)

Christine said...

Sarah has done a great job with those felt clothes. I have some stitching planned with my seven year old niece while we are on holidays. Love all your cottage garden flowers.

Fiona @ Dragonfly-Crafts said...

Love the little dresses and are they connected to the singlet?
They jazz it up.
Know what you mean about those special mother/daughter times.
We are having a few these holidays as my son works now.

de vliegende koe said...

A wonderful holiday! The little dresses are so pretty! And the fowers, my, you must have ‘green hands’!

trashalou said...

Did you ever go there when it was an antiques place? I bought some Wedegewood plates there once a gazillion years ago.

Mia said...

I am a bit envious of you having lovely summer weather, and us being in the middle of winter (dark, cold and snowy...) I do so long for flowers and for the gardening season to begin again (it will still be months before we can start enjoying in again). Your flower look just lovely, and I do hope you will have a lovely time away.

Thank you for your lovely comment in my blog. It is always a pleasure to find new blogs to visit, and by leaving your comment I have found yours.

fiona said...

have a great brake away!love the wee felt clothes, happy new year!

Louise said...

Such gorgeous dresses! I'm very jealous of your beautiful garden. Have a lovely holiday.

Mary said...

Great little frocks - well done! We still hang the tiny red felt christmas stockings on our tree that Andrea and I made together when she was about 6 or 7. I hope you all have a nice holiday. Hope your plants survive the heat!