Friday, May 2, 2008

Hark to the Rain!


Thanks for all your encouraging comments to help me out of my blue mood these last couple of weeks. It is great to be able to retreat into my own little space with my cyber friends who buck me up with encouraging comments and appreciation of my talents. I really love being part of this blogging world. A special thanks to Bloom, who sent me a lovely card and pattern for a bag to make. It was very good timing to have some friendly post arrive in my box.

Below is just a little experiment with an idea I had, but I'm not sure it is working out the way I thought it would. Don't you hate that!! I will persevere just to see if I'm wrong.

I have had success however with my knitting. Maybe I am a knitter after all. This scarf was so quick to make, so I have started another one. It is a great TV craft!



And look what turned up this week . . . a box of Guide Biscuits! I remember those when I was a Guide, and I remember they were really yummy. Imagine my excitement when I have discovered in this day and age, they have choc coated ones. I don't think Miss Flowergarden is going to have any trouble selling her box full.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

just beautiful :)happy weekend to you

Alison Gibbs said...

Good to see you are feeling better.
Love that scarf. Have a good weekend and I hop you are getting plenty of the rain.
Alison

picciolo said...

good luck with your new project! The scarf is beautiful, gorgeous colours. We don't have guide biscuits in the uk, they look yummy!
: )

Christine said...

Love your scarf. It's gorgeous.

Leanne said...

I haven't seen guides biscuits for years and wow choc coated as well....I think the idea is to sell the biscuits to neighbours not eat them all yourself LOL.

{oc cottage} said...

How cute! Is a Guide like a girl Scout her in the US? We go bananas over their cookies each year! (Thin Mints!!! Oh my!)

M

Needled Mom said...

Ooooh. I love the scarves. Knitting is such a great hobby. It's quick and so portable.

Chookyblue...... said...

Bloom is beautiful just like you....and I got to spend the weekend with Bloom.......

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

We pick up our box of Guide biscuits tomorrow. Last year we bought them all ourselves - they were delicious!!

Kate said...

I remember those Guide biscuits! The scarf looks great!

Anonymous said...

Your scarf is lovely! The colors are great! So warm and rich! Nice to see some things don't change hmmm? I was a Camp Fire Girl when I was a kid and we sold Peppermint patty cookies or like Thinmints. Good... I seem to remember selling a lot and buying them myself too!
Just remember the rain makes the flowers prettier!
Jean C.