Tuesday, May 27, 2008

School Yard Safari


I've had a great day today. My kids at school have been doing an Integrated Studies Unit on Mini Beasts, and we have recently been on a School Yard Safari. Needless to say, they have come across a lot of SNAILS. They are simply facinated with them. I think I will have enough scope to run my full program next week linking to these little creatures.


Another reason for my great day, is my latest craft challeng with Ric Rac, who I am lucky to say works at my school. We are going to do some embroidery squares, "Craft at Work Challenge" but will post more about that on Friday. After a lot of work on the weekend, I'm pleased to report that my . . . reports are on the way to being done. I had a little bit of sewing time on Sunday and made these baby ribbon rugs and finished my Mini Quilts for the Locket Pocket swap.


14 comments:

Jenny said...

Snails sure are fascinating-your photos are great as usual. I love your litle baby rugs they look so soft. How lucky you are that you have a crafty ally at school and are going to have some lunch time sewing fun-what a great idea. Love your hand embroidery too:)

Mama said...

I put a little teaser on my blog for you : )

ps: your work is SO beautiful!

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Oh no I couldn't put those snails on my hand. YUCK!!! Your a brave one.
Love your little ribbon blanket. Can you put a picture of the whole thing on your blog??

picciolo said...

my little one loves snails too, she once gave one a swing in our hammock! Your little ribbon quilts look gorgeous!
: )

Chookyblue...... said...

have fun with the snails........
goodluck with the lunchtime sewing......

Jodie said...

Awesome snail work there annie. can we have races? Your little minkys look fantastic, so soft.

Unknown said...

very nice pictures, how do you put all those pictures in one shot, do you need a different software for it?

Locket Pocket said...

Those snails look like fun - I can see a story forming in Jodie's mind for a new doll with a fascination for snails!

Can't wait to see your mini quilts (mine most of all obviously!)

Lucy x

dottycookie said...

Your quilts and rugs look very lovely!

My little girl's calss has been doing minibeasts this term too - the classroom is full of snails and bugs, and all the parent helpers are trying to be very brave about them!

Needled Mom said...

Great photos of the snails. If they weren't so destructive to the plants, I might find them attractive.

So glad that you got some sewing time in over the weekend. Life is always better when you can do something creative.

Alison Gibbs said...

What great snail photos
Alison

zoesquid said...

Gorgeous pics of the snails. I love your photography. Happy weekend

Robyn said...

You're lucky they only found snails. The gremlins school has an area under construction and on Friday the theme of the dropping off assembly was 'please don't bring ME funnelweb spiders and say look what I found!'

Kate said...

Great snail pictures. Love the ribbon rugs - I really love the embroidery around the circles - my favourite thing at the moment.