Sunday, August 17, 2014

Small Promises of Springtime


What wonderful friends I have - who know me so well.
This beautiful hellebore was given to me as a late birthday gift from a special friend


Everywhere I look in the garden there are bulbs shooting through the soil, and the jonquils are in full flight - heralding the turning of the season.
Johnny Jump Ups are one of my FAVOURITE annuals, and I always have them popping up everywhere in the garden, as they love to self seed - I encourage this type of plant.
And as for my cushion story, well, I finished the cushions, and was flushed with success.  Always being taught to "go the extra mile", I went rummaging around in the shed and found some old paint from our last house.


. . . and it went from this, above - to this, below!

 What a cosy bed that looks like. 
No wonder my pussy cat loves to tuck up with me!
 I found JUST the thing for my little crotched basket - when I saw these at Masters yesterday, I couldn't resist.

8 comments:

Jan said...

So much lovely colour in your life, Annie! Happy Sunday.

JB said...

That was a great bedroom make over...just for a bit of paint from the shed. Well done! much more cosy!

apiecefullife said...

your garden must be lookng beautiful!

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Great spring blooms and a wonderful paint job! I love how the color brings out your quilt colors. You did GREAT and I know you're going to enjoy the look.

I've been looking at cans of paint too, but I've nothing to really use indoors.

Have a great week ~ FlowerLady

Patsy said...

What a different color made in the room. Very pretty, we are in the last of summer here, love spring.

EL RINCON DE CHELO said...

Preciosas flores y preciosos trabajos!!!

WJB said...

I love the fresh new paintwork. It livens up the colours in the quilt.
spring will be here soon

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Oh, Annie, I love your signs of Spring! It is full on red hot Summer here. And your nest is looking really good!