Sunday, October 24, 2010

I can't stop smiling

Our Max, a beautiful boy
Gardening, gardening, gardening, that's what I've been doing this weekend.


Everywhere there is something else to see and it's just marvelous.
Every year, my mum took a photo of our banksia rose.
I didn't quite understand it then, but my next door neighbours have planted one and I think I get most of the benefit. Every time I look at it I just can't stop smiling. It is just glorious and I now understand why mum took that photo each year. I think I'll be doing the same.
I had a stall at the Bunninyong Makers Market on Saturday.
I'm glad I took a photo - it looks quite good from the other side!
This is another little baby wrap that I made for my stall using some of my latest fabrics. Lots of lookers, but no-one bought it! (now sold - thanks Fiona)

12 comments:

Patsy said...

Beautiful rose.
Patsy

Marj said...

Love looking at your blog, especially because your seasons are opposite of mine and I get to see some of my favorite flowers blooms twice a year. I also have a Banksia Rose. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

sister said...
uninterupted gardening!! bet you've had a good w/end!! (kids all good at the farm) stall looks great~ please post me that babywrap forthwith, I'd like to buy it XF

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Oh, yes! Your flowers are gorgeous. Ours are winding down here, but we still have a few roses blooming. Sorry your little quilt didn't sell. Inconceivable!

CurlyPops said...

Your stall looked beautiful from the other side!

Jayne said...

Love Banksia Roses, the climbing bushes can be so splendid :)

WendyBee said...

Love this post. The roses are gorgeous! And the irises, too.
Your stall was lovely.

Leanne said...

My garden is bursting with roses amazing what a bit of winter rain does

ozjane said...

Moggie says..Meow meow to Max.
And her Mother loves the garden photos and is still trying to understand why I pulled out a yellow banksia....equally a bit unsure of where I could put another one...
I went out to lunch yesterday and the front garden was full of just blue iris. They were glorious. Must try and see what mine are doing.

cathleen said...

Beautiful photos. I mean, what is there not to like? Flowers, quilts and that sweet little Max. I would be smiling too, Annie! Have a lovely day.

Jan said...

Love banksias - just haven't had one for years - now going on the list. So no-one bought "our" little wrap; some people just don't know when they're on to a good thing... Your stall looked great, Annie; love my new cards and all the other great things I bought along the way. Jeni and I had a lovely morning chatting and admiring.

faeryfay said...

Your garden flowers are gorgeous!