Monday, October 4, 2010

Yes, a second sister . . .

This beautiful blossom, Prunis Elvins, comes out every year right on Miss Flowergarden's birthday. 13 was no exception, although this is the 3rd tree planted since she was born. They are as beautiful as each other! (as she dutifully says "yes Mum!")
I'm lucky enough to have 2 garden loving garden obsessed sisters, and yes, I'm sure it is in the blood. However, instead of showing you her garden, (we were too busy out buying her a beautiful new sewing machine!!) I am showing you her beloved dogs.
This is Sheila
and this is Skittles

You can almost feel the love oozing from these beautiful dogs.

8 comments:

ozjane said...

I think Prunus Elvins are generational also. We planted one at Lakes Entrance, then Mum planted on in Vermont Sth, and I had a lovely one here...when Mum moved to live closer to me she again planted one and I enjoyed mine, until I needed to extend my house my Mum to live here....and out went the prunus elvins. That was in 2000 and I only planted a new one last year...in my front garden outside my bedroom window.
I seem to be big on life stories at the moment...LOL

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

What a lovely daughter you have and her dogs are wonderful.

Love that Prunus Elvins too. Wow, how neat to have that bloom every year on your daughter's birthday.

Have a great week ~ FlowerLady

Sister Jayne said...

That was a nice surprise to see Shelia and Skittles on your blog. I have organised to go back to the machine tomorrow...maybe I will finish project 1 by the evening. Fingers crossed.
Cheers

Jan said...

Must get one of those prunus elvins; it looks so gorgeous. ! Annie, do the dogs help your sister with the digging? Ours do!

Leanne said...

Garden loving and dog loving we would get on well.

our shabby cottage said...

Wow, Annie, your Mum and your sisters' gardens are wonderful. No wonder you have a green thumb!

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

What a pretty birthday girl, and how neat to have your very own tree that always gives you flowers for your birthday!

Love the dogs, too, but you already knew that, didn't you?

picciolo said...

How funny that the flowers always come out on your daughters birthday, what a lovely present!
: )