Saturday, October 16, 2010

Supplies

I got some mail during the week from the lovely Nic at Yardage Design.
Some wonderful hand printed fabric.
Not sure just what I'll do with it, but it's just nice to have some.
To stroke and to look at . . . you know what I mean.
I had to think of a way to get back into my sewing room. I've been immersed in my garden for weeks, and although it's looking lovely, it keeps calling me. However, I have a market next weekend to prepare for, so I needed to get inside.
The cold snap in the weather, and a visit to CAKE. with Ric Rac and then on to the
seemed to fix my garden fascination temporarily.
. . . once again, I'm on a roll!

14 comments:

Nikki said...

Oh, I totally get the looking at and stroking thing with he fabric!!

Little wonder why today's weather didn't inspire you to garden!! It must have been freezing in Ballarat. Melbourne was bad enough.

yardage girl said...

Thanks Annie - you are a gem! Looking forward to seeing what you make. Nic

emma said...

Glad to hear you have your sewing mojo back!em

WendyBee said...

Your fabric pictures make me drool and sigh.....

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

OOOHHH, that beautiful fabric would sure to the job to get me recharged! Have fun with it! (And then SHOW what you made.) :)

Liz said...

Lovely fabric Annie, very yummy. Which market are you doing next week, if it's local I might be able to get there (fingers crossed)...
Lizzie
xxx

Jodie said...

LOL, I knew some new fabric would get you in the groove!

rachelmp said...

Great fabric!

Chookyblue...... said...

oh love the fabrics Annie.......

wonderwoman said...

gorgeous fabric - i have the pink one, have used it in a quilt i've just finished for my daughter!
x

Embroidery said...

Fabrics are either woven or knit, but the felt fiber is made by compressing a mass of fibers. Which is generally inexpensive and available in a variety of colors. Well there is no need to pre washing or cutting...we can Use any stabilizer . Use a size 12 needle - ballpoint, sharp or universal Felt doesn't seem to care.
Embroidery

cathleen said...

Your fabrics are so pretty. And your garden...just beautiful. Since my cottage garden is done for the year and spring is very far away for me, I think I will just sit back and enjoy yours.

Gailavon said...

I love the fabric! I can't wait to see what yo do with them

Leanne said...

Lots of nice inspiration there to get you back into the sewing room.